Thursday, March 18, 2010

Homemade Zucchini Bread

Hello Friends.  I have not been posting much.  Why?  My hard drive has virtually run out of room.  I think it might have to do with the fact that I have about 15 pictures of every thing I have made in the kitchen for the last year and a half.  So I have begun the tedious and mind numbing task of deleting the extras- but it is taking a long time because. . . well I don't really like doing it.  I don't understand where iPhoto is storing the photos and if I have duplicates or not.  Anyway, while I was going through the pictures I did find some photos I have not posted about so here they are . . .


Have any shredded zucchini frozen in the freezer waiting to get eaten?  No?  Me neither.  I think SnoWhite or Lucy probably have some they could share though . . .

This is good bread.  Very, very moist with the shortening- I might take a only add 1/2 cup of applesauce instead of 2/3 cup.  But we could have had really juicy zucchini though . . . Either way, you won't be disappointed.  Plus, the added cinnamon sugar topping is a sweet surprise to most Zucchini Breads.

Zucchini Bread
from family friend

Ingredients
  • 2 2/3 Cup sugar
  • 2/3 Cup shortening (I never have shortening- so I will use butter or applesauce next time I make this)
  • 3 Cup shredded zucchini
  • 2/3 Cup water
  • 4 eggs
  • 3 1/3 Cup flour (regular or whole wheat if you are feeling healthy)
  • 2 tsp baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp baking powder
  • 1 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
  • 1 tsp cloves
  • 2 tsp vanilla
  • optional: 2/3 cup each chopped nuts or raisins
Directions

1. Mix shortening and sugar.
2. Add remaining ingredients.
3. Separate mix into two standard loaf pans.   
4. Bake at 350 fro 60-70 minutes.
5. When done, sprinkle tops of bread with cinnamon and sugar.

Enjoy!

4 comments:

Mandy said...

Yum!! I love zucchini bread. :)

Lucy Marie said...

I definitely have some shredded zucchini I'd be glad to share. I have not used near as much of it as I thought I would have by now. Maybe this is a sign that I need to get my butt in gear and make some zucchini bread.

SnoWhite {Finding Joy in My Kitchen} said...

You are making me wish I had zucchini in my freezer right now!!

I love the idea of a cinnamon sugar topping :) YUM.

Adie said...

Sounds so yummy!! Especially on a day like today!! Sorry about the computer troubles. i am having some issues of my own.