Have any shredded zucchini frozen in the freezer waiting to get eaten? No? Me neither. I think SnoWhite or Lucy probably have some they could share though . . .
This is good bread. Very, very moist with the shortening- I might take a only add 1/2 cup of applesauce instead of 2/3 cup. But we could have had really juicy zucchini though . . . Either way, you won't be disappointed. Plus, the added cinnamon sugar topping is a sweet surprise to most Zucchini Breads.
from family friend
- 2 2/3 Cup sugar
- 2/3 Cup shortening (I never have shortening- so I will use butter or applesauce next time I make this)
- 3 Cup shredded zucchini
- 2/3 Cup water
- 4 eggs
- 3 1/3 Cup flour (regular or whole wheat if you are feeling healthy)
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp cloves
- 2 tsp vanilla
- optional: 2/3 cup each chopped nuts or raisins
1. Mix shortening and sugar.
2. Add remaining ingredients.
3. Separate mix into two standard loaf pans.
4. Bake at 350 fro 60-70 minutes.
5. When done, sprinkle tops of bread with cinnamon and sugar.