Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Life as we know it . . .

I have been a little absent lately- three reasons:

1. Internet has been weird.  Hard to get on when there isn't any.

2. Life changed a bit last Saturday.  We were driving to the mountains to go skiing and hit some ice, swerved, and rolled in Chris' parents' truck into a freshly tilled cornfield.  (Well, I don't know what kind of crops it will grow- but corn sounds good.)

Obviously, I left my phone and camera at home, so there are no pictures to document the event, but trust me, it happened.

We are both fine- thank the Lord.  Really.  It could have been a million times worse.  But thankfully, Chris and I both walked away from the crash with little more than a few bruises and a bit of a headache.

However, the car did not fare so well.  We still don't know what insurance is going to do with it, and we are waiting to see how on earth we can ever pay his parents back for trashing their truck . . so yeah.  But at least we are alive, right?

And just as my body was ready to take on the world again, I had to go to the dentist.

3. I got two cavities filled yesterday.  Two!  That doubles my lifetime cavity count in one trip to the dentist.  suck.  Cavities bite.  Plus, smiling with half my mouth was a weird and unflattering experience.

So there you have it friends.  Life as we know it is ever changing and always an adventure!  I am slowing catching up on blogs- I can't wait to read up on your lives.

10 comments:

Brittany Ann said...

Hang in there! When it rains, it pours, I know. Thinking of you!

Kelsey said...

So sorry to hear about your accident, but so very glad that you're both okay! What a miracle.

Lucy Marie said...

Once again, I am praising God that you and Chris walked away safely. What a blessing. And continuing to pray for you as you deal with the aftermath.

Kayla said...

O no! I'm so glad you two are ok! Stinks about the cavities.... Here's to hoping things clean up nicely for you in all aspects! Thinking of you!

Danielle said...

Glad you're ok!!! Good luck with the rest.

Hilary Lane said...

Scary!! I'm glad you guys are okay! Snow and ice are reasons #8473 and #8474 why I live at the beach in the south!

SnoWhite {Finding Joy in My Kitchen} said...

I'm so glad - and praising God - that you two are both okay! He will provide for you!

My name is PJ. said...

Oh Taryn, I'm so glad you guys are okay! Things have a way of working out. Trust in that. You've not been forsaken yet. Have faith.


I grew up prior to fluoridated water and such...so we had cavities when we were little. I dread the first time I have to have a root canal. They will have to anesthetize me for sure.

Rebecca Lynn said...

So sorry you've been through so much lately. I was in a semi-bad crash senior year of college and I think I'm still scarred. It will all work out though. It always does right?

Priscilla said...

Just read this--glad you two are o.k!

I feel your pain about dental work. I just had 10 veneers put on my front teeth. OUCH! I think they kept me numb for like 5 hours or something.

Hope things go well with the truck!