Monday, March 1, 2010

Menu Plan Monday

My first trial run with a menu plan was a success.  And by success I mean- we made four of the five meals listed.  However, I have not posted about all of them yet.  We haven't actually finished eating them all yet . . .  I will post about Red Beans with Sausage with Buttermilk Cornbread and Tomato and Shrimp Pasta with Feta tomorrow and Wednesday. 

I did post about Creamy Pasta with Sausage and Broccoli

and the failed Salad with Sweet Potatoes and Feta.

Despite my failure with the salad and my inability to post about the food we eat in a timely manner, I think the menu plan is very helpful.  I think the real success and strength of the menu plan is that I prevented me from going grocery shopping anytime during the last two weeks.  Bingo.  I am sure if I didn't have a menu plan, I would have gone shopping- and spent money on stuff we didn't need.  But since I had the stuff to make meals at home, I didn't need to go shopping.

So I will try again.

Menu Plan
  • Quickest Mushroom Barley Soup
  • Greek Stuffed Peppers
  • Chili Tacos
  • Chicken Cacciatore with Polenta
all recipes come from Everyday Food (October 2008)

Check out more menu plans here.

5 comments:

Lucy Marie said...

I told ya you'd love it :)

Emily said...

Menu planning saves me. Glad you guys had success with it this month!

My name is PJ. said...

You're putting the rest of us to shame!! ;)

My menu plan is to let The Source shop and cook. ;)

Rae said...

Ohhh... needed inspiration! I have known for a while that I should try menu planning, but it always feels like more work than just winging it.

SnoWhite {Finding Joy in My Kitchen} said...

yea!! so happy that you're loving the meal planning :)