Friday, April 2, 2010

Friday Fail: Puppy Chow

Haha- just kidding.  You can't fail at Puppy Chow!

After my previous failures, I decided to go back to an old standby- Puppy Chow.  I have not had it since high school and well, I wanted to make something delicious, that would be very difficult to mess up.  I am pretty sure if you add chocolate, peanut butter and sugar together, you cannot go wrong.   

Puppy Chow!
from the back of the Chex box

Ingredients
  • 9 cups Chex cereal (any variety)
  • 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
  • 1/2 cup peanut butter
  • 1/4 cup butter or margarine
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar (I only used 1 Cup)

Directions:
1. Into large bowl, measure cereal; set aside.
2. In 1-quart saucepan, heat chocolate chips, peanut butter and butter over low heat,
stirring frequently, until melted. Remove from heat; stir in vanilla.
3. Pour mixture over cereal, stirring until evenly coated.
4. Pour into 2-gallon resealable food-storage plastic bag. Add powdered sugar. Seal
bag; shake until well coated.
5. Spread on waxed paper to cool. Store in airtight container in refrigerator.

4 comments:

Ina said...

This looks yummy! Wish we could get Chex cereal in Canada...they even make gluten free....maybe one day we will have it! In the mean time, might try with rice krispie cereal?
Ina

Rose said...

YUM! I just ate some puppy chow today during a long car ride/nap time for baby. The stuff from the store is never as good as homemade. Great photo!

Shaina said...

MMMM. I just got a puppy chow blizzard from our local ice cream shop - amazing!!!! Thanks for the recipe! I love puppy chow but have never made it.

Meghan said...

I like how you wrote that ONLY used 1 cup. :-P